Thursday, August 22, 2013

6 months - August 19th

Isn't is crazy how time flies!? It is crazy! soooo first funny story...
 
Somebody in our ward asked my companion if I was from South Africa because of my accent. I guess she lived there for a year or so and thought I had a little bit of a south African accent. So that was interesting.
 
We also have this amazing recent convert. Her name is Lu. She is from the Filipins and I seriously love her so much! She actually reminds me a lot of Aunty Beryl. She is the sweetest lady and just so giving and loving. She is going to do baptisms for the Dead on Wednesday and is sooo excited. She loves family history.. If I didn't know better I would have thought she was a member for her life. But nope 3 weeks. Anyways she was at the mall and she gave away 4 pass along cards and she just talks to the world! She says all the time that ANY chance she gets to bear her testimony she will because she knows it will help. If all the members had her faith the church would grow so much faster!
 
So there is this towel. It is called Drylite sea-to-summit. I have no idea if it is expensive or what, but it is sooo tiny and light and works! If there was anyway you could look into it and send one to me so my luggage could be lighter when I go back to Portugal that would be amazing! Just you know thought I would throw that one out there.
 
My companions are sooooo amazing. Seriously I can't even begin to explain! Sister Ellgen is soooo service oriented that I can see myself become better and more charity centered and loving and selfless everyday because of her example. Like she will say something that nobody else would ever say and mean it so honestly. She is constantly serving and constantly complimenting and tries sooo hard to be better everyday. It is just amazing! Sister Peterson is sooo strong! I don't know how to explain it. On Saturday we found out that her Grandfather passed away and she is just pulling through it like a rock star and has her priorities so in line. Her biggest concern is for her family. It is just amazing. The people that we get to learn from and the opportunities that are giving to us on our missions. I am so blessed to be here it is amazing!
 
So as for my visa and it's status. I need to get the medical letter and a insurance letter from Portugal and one other thing that they have to send from Salt lake. So I think we will get everything together and ready by the end of next week is my guess. this week is transfers and things are kind of crazy! We have Elder Aidukaitis coming on Saturday a huge transfer meeting on Thursday and a bunch of other stuff as well. I have to go to the doctors three times this week and then hopefully all the paper stuff will work out next week. If we get that all worked out by lets say the 30th... then it will take from 3-6 weeks to get the VISA issued. So probably the 24th of September at the earliest. the Date of entry we are putting on the Visa is the 24th of September. Which means I will leave with in 30 days of that date. but it just depends on when we get everything done. It is a lot harder being on the mission, not having Mom to help me. We are getting it done though. I am trying to get everything in as fast as I can. but If I get called to train or something this transfer (today we get the calls about transfers) I will most likely stay for this whole next transfer. Even if I get my visa. soo... 7 weeks? We will see, I have never in my life felt something seem more in the Lords hands. President Tilleman said if I am here longer I will be training Spanish sisters. Which would be super interesting. haha we will see all I know is that God is in Charge. Literally in Charge of every little detail. Everything will fall in to place exactly when it needs to so I can be hear the amount of time I need so I can learn everything I need and so I can help everyone I need to. As for now I will continue to try speaking to people who only speak Punjabi and learn to love Surrey.
 
I talked to Elder Dallin Harding this week, we were passing off a reference to them. He is going home this week! So if you see him you can ask all about Vancouver and what I am doing. It was super funny. He had no Idea I was here and was a little shocked about the fact I was passing him a reference.
 
I am so changed familia! I am nervous. If I am this different already who knows what I'll be like when I come home! haha Of course I am still me. Maybe a little too goofy at times and things like that. but I have grownsoo much! My companions think of me as this super healthy, super high energy, super outgoing, bold, crazy person, Although I still love my naps. the whole 10 minutes I get at lunch sometimes and if we get time on p-day. haha I have grown so much physically, mentally, spiritually(of course), emotionally. I am looking forward to how the Lord will continue to shape me over the next year.
 
KIMMY-SUE and NATHAN! CONGRATULATIONS! I was thinking of you a ton! Miss you love you and I need pictures and updates as soon as possible. I know that you probablly think you have other things to do like go on a honey-moon or live the married life, but I need pictures and updates! haha Just kidding. kind of. I hope everything was amazing! I love you soooo much and you both deserve this eternal happiness!
 
well... Thats where I am right now. Just loving it here. Having a car has been a nice thing. We don't teach as much here but I feel like the people we do we really make a huge difference. I love you all and miss you so much! Keep me updated, I want to know all the little details.
 
Sister Brooklyn Marie Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment