Thursday, August 8, 2013

April 15

OLA!
 
It seems impossible to explain everything I want to in an email. I miss hear from someone everyday like I did in the MTC but it is good cause I am focused on the work. It is hard work! A lot of walking and it is so hot! or cold. but never just like a good solid warm. It rains all the time and somehow you just keep trudging on. It is great though.
 
I am trying to think of the questions I have been asked. Food. We eat a lot of salad and beans and rice. We eat at a members once a week on tuesdays for lunch and it is really good. But my companion is a really good cook and she normally makes me lunch. So thats a huge blessing. We eat the most random assortment of food. One meal will be like rice beans an egg a salad and a hot dog. Or like Patatoes and brocolli and cheese but with like an egg and crackers. That isnt like a missionary diet. The portuguese people just eat random assortments of food. Also I get so confused when it comes to eating at peoples houses they use the knife way more than any other utencial and they look at you weird if you don´t. Second they think you are shy if you don´t take seconds or thirds. They so you need to take small portions or else you feel sick after. The pasterias are everywhere litterly every other store. I have only have two though. I only eat them on pday. Hopefully that is good enough in the limitaions.
 
The streets are crazy! the metro the road and the sidewalk are all on flat cobblestone thing. People drive on the sidewalk and walk on the road and park wherever they want. It is crazy! People are eating outside a resturant and there is a car parked like on either side of the table. It is hillarious. It is great though. cars stop for people and people for cars and all ends up working out in the end.
 
Umm.. I am teaching a family of recent converts that the mom has kinda fallen away. But there are two kids Jessica and Rafiel and they are 10 and 8 and they are sooo dedicated to the Gospel it is amazing! They just love the missionaries so much.
 
The language is coming along. It is always challenging to communicate but it is getting easier and easier. I just have to keep pushing myself and I will get there! Jessica laughes at me whenever I try to teach but it is still good. People understand and thats what matters.
 
The chaples are all just like office building looking. which is cool. I cant send pictures via email. but I will try to send some in the mail. (although I really havent been taking all that many.)
 
Our baptism fell through becuase of a few things but he said next week forsure. Which is good. I think there are few things we should go through a few times. I dont know how but time is flying so much faster today with Email. I need to write a few people. I will write more if I have time.
 
I love you all so much!
 
I will respond to questions for next time. I donºt have time to read everything and write. I love you all so much and am blessed from your prayers. I see miracles everyday
 
com amor,
 
Irma Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment