Thursday, August 8, 2013

Portugal - April 3

Hello! I am just writing really quick so that I can let you know I am here safe and sound. I am in Portugal and it is beautiful! The flight was long!! (but don't worry I talked to as many people as I could about the Gospel.) I was glad that they all spoke English though. But now I am HERE!! AQUI AQUI!! It is absolutely stunning! I am at the Mission Home or the cassa de missou (except there are accents that I don't know how to type). It over looks the ocean and the big statue with all the people working on it. (I don't remember what it is called. I am still with my same companions. We meet the new ones at the office tomorrow :) I have already born my testimony a few times in Portuguese and nobody laughed so that's a good sign. I will have to send pictures. It is so green here! and the water is just amazing! I still don't know my area. I think I'll have an interview tomorrow. but I am not sure. Oh I have sooo much to say about the plane rides and stuff. People either love the missionaries, respect the missionaries or are our to get the missionaries. And I have already experienced all of the above. The food here is sooo good. We only ate in the mission home but I have never seen more kinds of cheese. And the bread is do die for! I was secretly hoping it would be horrible so that I wouldn't have to eat it... yet. It is super good. So far I have been treated wonderfully. This mission home is so old and quaint. It is literally possibly one of the cutest houses I have ever seen. It is pretty big. and has the most AMAZING view. I have tried taking pictures but it just doesn't even begin to capture the beauty! Everything really is run down and the whole city is covered in graffiti. They just embrace it. They think it is beautiful and artsy. I think it looks really junky. and it's sad cause the buildings are so amazing! There hasn't been much English happenings around here. so that's' fun. I tend to joke about it, and try to not stress.  I am sure it will come. There are a ton of Brazilian elders here, so I am thinking there is a good chance my companion will be a first language Portuguese person. But we will see I guess. I don't really know. Anyways I love you all so much! Write me when you have questions so I can answer them next time. Tomorrow is off to work :) And I am SOOOO tired! I love you soo much. Have a wonderful night/day/ it's like 5ish there? I don't know. I love you!
Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment