Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 12

Okay so I don't even know where to start. Not even kind of. This week has been sooo different.
 
 
It has been the most amazing experience though! This mission is so completly different it is insane! I have learned soooooo much and will continue to learn a ton I am sure. I'll try to do some kind of play by play of the week If I can remember becuase is has been quite interesting.
First off I was able to sit in Economy on the plane and we had like a stake dinner they provided a sleeping mask three course lunch, socks, pillow, blanket,tooth brush, the bathroom had lotion, we got a pen, a lot more space.... it was kind of like heaven.... so that was nice.
but then... I got here.
 
when I arrived I had a few concerns. First I was worried about how my language would fade. I wouldn't be able to remember things as well and I would struggle when I returned. Second I was worried about my visa and getting everything done so I could get to go back as soon as possible. I was really concerned about these two things. I was excited to have a new learning oppourtinity and stuff but my mind was still on portugal. When I arrived President Tillemen was there to pick me up. There where a ton of people there and I was kinda nervous that I would have been forgotten since they are mis transfer here. Anyways we got in the car and drove to the mission office. It was amazing how the things he said in the car ride just got me so excited to jump in to the work. He just new exactly what I needed to hear and addressed most of my concerns without me saying anything. Not only that but he got so excited to be here. Almost to the point was feeling pretty okay if I just stayed here for longer than two transfers.
 
Once we got the the office I had an interveiw, and got to know a little more about this mission. Things like there focus and motto. It was really good and I gained a huge love and respect for President Tillemen and Sister Tillemen. After He gave me a blessing. There were a few things said that where so exactly what I needed. It said that when I return to portugal my portuguese will be better than If I had stayed becuase of the fact that here I will be able to learn to to learn by the spirit and will apply it there in learning portgueuse. Also that there is a reason I am here and I will be able to see and know why I am here in Vancouver. It also said that these blessing are conditional on if I really dive in and give it my all here, and don't just spend my time here waiting to return. So I am doing what I can to fully dive and in do this work!
 
 I have learned a whole lot about obedience since I have been here. It is amazing. They have more rules that then handbook and everyone is soooooo obedient. I can't even begin to explain. I thought we were obident in portugal but it is a whole new level. Obedience brings blessings and I am seeing it. I have been sooo blessed. for example. The second day here we where talking to this lady. (so since I have been hear we have taught 1 family that is from canada, EVERYONE is from India, the Pillipeans, China, Korea, or pretty much anywhere else) but this lady Maria.. is from portugal. We are teaching her, and she is having a really hard life, she is catholic and her husband has Cancer. She is so greatful that we are there to talk to her. It is just amazing how God is in Charge? Also there is a man in our ward from brazil. So I have been able to speak portuguese a bit.
This Area is soooo diverse it is absolutly crazy! I was excited to see how to I could teach without the language barrier but now the barrier is Punjabi and hindu instead of portuguese. I am kinda missing the portuguese being the barrier. It is a ton of fun though.
 
It is weird how the things that are hard to adjust to are things like carpet, seeing Dairy queen, and Tim hortons, how Eggs are Yellow, just the most normal things seem so strange now. It is interesting to see how I have just grown the portugal lifestyle and differences.
 
Anyways, I am in Canada safe and sound. MY campanions are amazing! Sister Ellgen and Sister Peterson.
 
Sister Ellgen is from Colorado, and she is the most charitable, kind, loving, sincere, straight and narrow kind of person I have ever met. It is kind of intimidating. AMAZING yet I feel like if I try to serve her she feels like she is sad becuase if I do the dishes she is missing out of the chance to bless me. She is constantly asking if I need anything like a massage my hair brushed... It is crazy! If I ever am at the point she is with her desire to serve, I will be extreamly content with were I am in life. Yet I have a long way to go. haha
 
Sister Peterson, is so awesome! She cares soooooo much about the people we teach and has this amazing knowledge of everything. Like litterally everything! haha she knows the scriptures so well and is so profound. and she is very dilligent as well I don't know what we would do without her.
 
 I feel a little useless at times being the new companion mid transfer but at the same time I can see how I am making a difference in my companions and also there are some people who we teach who I think needed someone who can be a little more relaxed at times. I am learning that one of my strengths is my ability to make other people feel relaxed, becuase I can still be relaxed but focus at the same time. I have soooo much to learn from these two sisters though. It is just amazing!
 
and....... I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!!
 
I love you all sooooo much! Miss you and hope everything runs smoothly with the wedding!
 
Sister Mullen
 
OH BY THE WAY! I HAVE A NEW BEST FRIEND NAMES SOOKVINDER! He  is from india and told me we are best friends. I am actually really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment