Thursday, August 8, 2013

May 6

Ola, Familia!
 
So.... NEXT SUNDAY I GET TO SKYPE YOU ALL!!!! I am soo excited! But I don´t get to call to figure out times and stuff. So I will be on skype at about 7:45- 8 pm portugal time.. I think that is like 2ish Calgary time? I am so not sure though. So hopefully that works out for you all.
 
This week has been CRAZY. So I don´t know if I told you about this, but last semester when I was at BYU-Idaho there was a girl named Pracilla on my council for student alumni association. And Honestly she drove me crazy. But it´s okay. Anyways. This relates but now I am doing to start this story from the biginning.
 
Okay so my Companions did divitions this week. They do everyweek they spend one day in another area to help the Irmas there. And I do divitions in an area called quinta da conde. Anyways so I went and did divitions and it was a Amazing experience, but I was happy to get back to my companions. Anyways I get on the bus with Irma Valdez(texas) and Irma Campus Da Silva (france) and then a train and when I finally arrive back in my area I give my companions beijinhos (little kisses) (because everyone kisses people on each cheek here, which is super weird and I am totally not used to it, expecially cause the men try and we have to stop them and then they feel offended). Anywas they had news. We were reciving a NEW IRMA in our companionship right then. It was really random. We have one week left in the transfer. Well one and a half. Anyways Irma Da Silva (brazil) goes with the Assistants to the Mission office. and they come back 4 hours later with a new Irma for our companionship. Anyways You guessed it! It is this sister that I worked with on SAA! It has been really good though. The Lord has given me the ability to see people differently I swear. People do things that would normally drive me crazy and somehow I love them for it. Anyways, now we are a four people companionship. But during the day I am with Irma Gange(hawaii) and Irma Da silva(Brazil) is with Irma Pinto(portugal). She is here becuase her visa wasn´t valid anymore she she is doing her outbound from temple square here while she figures out her visa stuff. It has been really great though having her. We divided our area and so now we can help twice the amount of the people. And Irma Gange and I can work together more. It has been amazing! I love Irma Gange so much! She is such an amazing missionary!
 
So three quick stories....
 
1) Yesterday we where talking to this guy on a bench and he asked me to pray in english becuase everyone wants to improve their english. So I started to pray and COULDN´T do it! It was sooo hard. I kept stumbling on my words, or switching to portuguese. It was super hard. It was such a good feeling. I ended up finishing the prayer in portuguese. It was to hard to pray in english. So... I am making serious progress!!!!
 
2) The other day we taught this man names Ruben. He is SUPER cool. And funny and really interested in what we have to say. But at the same time he is soo hard to teach beucase she will through random curveballs mid sentance.
For example. We where talking about the spirit world, in the plano de salvaçao, and he stoped and was like... NO I know spirits don´t exsist. And we where so taking back that we just asked why he know that. And he told us he was a witch for a while but it wasn´t really working out. So he learned that spirits where not real. Then we just kinda moved on.. Then we talked about the Book of Mormon, and he absoultly refused to let us give him one. Only beucase reading was boring.. Pretty much. Yet he is praying and he said he will go to church. So we will see where that one goes.
 
3) We are teaching a lady who is gold! Just straight up gold. But she can´t go to church becuase her mother lives in her house and she can´t leave her beuase she can´t do anything for her self. So... We are trying to figure out what to do about that one. But Anna Paula is just amazing!
 
There is this lady in our ward that is amazing also. She is quite an elderly lady but she will come out with us and tract and knock and help us all the time. The cool part though is that after. I feel like I did her the favour becuase she is just so happy that we would go to her friends with her and help them come closer to God. What an amazing example of faith. She works so hard, and wants nothing more than to help her friends have the happiness she has. The intesting thing is that she has very little. She lives in a very small apartment that is falling apart. Yet she is so happy becuase she has her family and she has the gospel. I hope that when I come home I can be that kind of person. Who just wants nothing more than to use a missionaries as a tool to bring my friends closer to God.
 
Anyways. I am growing so much!! I love it here, I love the people I love Sister Gange, I love the mission Pres and His wife. I really truely love it here! Thank you so much for all you do for me :)
 
Sister Brooklyn Marie Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment