Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week 4 - April 29

HELLO FAMILY!!!
Thank you sooo much for all your letters and Emails! Nana! I loved your Card an letter!!! and Alanna too! Those cards were adorable! Dustin your acivity book was perfect! not to time consuming but a whole lot of fun none the less. The boys had awesome cards too! Also I don´t know if I thanked you for the MTC package!!! So THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Gran and Aunty Beryl! There is something coming in the mail but just know I am so grateful for the skirt and chocolate! :) And everyone else your emails are fantastic!!!! I love hearing from everyone back home! HAYLEY MACY IS SOO BIG!! I Love seeing the pictures!!!!
Also Aunty Carolyn!! Thank you so much for everything!!! The easter package, and all your letters! You have been amazing!!! I am so sorry I haven´t been on top of getting back to you! But you have been sooo amazing! Thank you soo much it means the world to me!
I feel like time is just flying!!! I am starting week 5 in the field! I am almost done my first transfer! Irma Gange and Da Silva have been huge blessings! All my prayers for good companions paid off! This has just been such an amazing experience!!
Oh It is so hard to know what to say! I feel like all week I think of things I should write about... and then I can´t remember when the time comes.
Okay story one... So this week we had a zone conference. It was really really exciting! It was fun... super long, but super uplifting. I had to say a prayer and had like the opening song as warning. So I wassuper nervous beuase there were a ton of people and they where all like amazing at portuguse including the Mission pres and Sister Fluckier tambem. Anyways I said a little prayer in my heart that I wouldn´t make a fool of myself and got up and said the prayer. It was good I thought. Sat down and moved on. Later sister fluckiger talked about my prayer and talked about how the gift of tounges was real in front of everyone! It was amazing because it was a very simple prayer and I know that she said those things because God knew I needed to hear that I am doing okay. It was very reassuring to hear that my words could bring the spirit to somebody who is so strong spiritually already. It gave me courage to speak more throughout the week. I am growing so much! I just wish there were more people in almada doing the same thing. Our ward mission leader is the bomb though! He helps us so much! MEMBERS ARE SOOO IMPORTANT in this work!! I feel sometimes If I was at home I could do just as much if not more becuase people know me and trust me there! We have so much power to do missionary work! EVERONE work with the missionaries help them out! see who they are teaching and what you can do to help!
I ate a snail this week... That was weird. Sick, yet actually tasted really good. And everyone raves about the soup here... yeah it just not that good. But it is heathly so thats good. I haven´t lost weight, if we are still doing the board updates. but I have lost inches. I am gaining muscle though so it evens out. Entao... We have a family that came to church on sunday! They are amazing. We were nervous to teach them becuase the lady´s mom is a Johovas witness. We deal with a lot of Joahovas witnesses which is difficult. But they are loving it. It is like teaching a member. Except that she is so excited to learn more! The daughter loves to read and can´t put the book of mormon down it´s like it harry potter of something for her. She is 10!! It is awesome. Graca is the mom and Andrea is the Daughter. The names here are sooo hard to recognize. like Alexandre is said Al-e-chand-re. It is rediculous. It is so hard to get adresses from people beucase you have to recognize like 4 names. It is funny. I am starting to get more and more out of when people say there adress each time though.
It is challenging yet amazing. Yesterday we where teaching this family in a poorer area, and it was a huge family and mid lesson the dad came in and kicked us out. We asked if we could leave them with a prayer and he said no and we just ha to leave. It was was sad becuase they need the gospel soo badly! And the rest of the family was really interested but we had to leave. Everyone hear lives in apartments are really really small homes becuase we are in the city. The homes are smaller than apartments. It is really different.
My companions have a calling to help the other sisters and go around and instruct the sisters train other sisters. So once I week I work in a different area as they go and do that. It is interesting becuase it is a very different area. It is like two small towns. There is a 70 that lives there not an active member of the 70 but a 70 none the less and we teach in his house. It seems like there are more steady members there. It is a calmer atmostphere. but when I am out there my allergies get REALLY bad. Hopefully they get better though I have got eye drops and some more medicine for them.
Sorry if missed questions. I am trying to cover everything. I need to write a couple more people quick and don´t have muito tempo entao I need to go. mas I love you all and If there are random words in portuguese too I am sorry. But ask dustin or I am sure they aren´t difficult to figure out.
I love you all so much!!
Sister Brooklyn Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment