Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bon dia or more like boa tarde - March 15



Hello Everyone!
What to tell you. The MTC is very much the same thing everyday! You just study and eat all day so it is hard to think of what to say. Right now we are teaching to investigators and Alanna asked if they were real or just acting. They are are teachers, but they act like people that they taught on their missions. So they have the personally exactly like a real investigator and they have the same problems and commitment issues, and drinking problems and things like that that the investigators they taught did.
Luciano (brother rogers) is a family man and super nice. I love teaching him. and also he is an amazing teacher. Except that it is hard to teach when you don't know the language. but at the same time.. it is amazing how much you can teach without really saying anything. I mean we do talk lots. but it isn't what we say that invites the spirit. It is amazing how much you can learn from teaching people who aren't even really learning much when it comes down to the gospel. They don't give you feed back really though, because you aren't going to really get it in the field either. but They do end up teaching you things that relate a lot to what you are teaching.
Mario, (elder perks) is not very receptive but he has been following through on commitments so thats a step in the right direction :) 

AUNTY BERYL! I closed my bank account with RBC a couple years ago. Thank you so much for being so on top of everything. I hope Arizona is amazing! I love it there!
I love hearing whats going on. I really enjoyed everyone's letters. DearElder is a beautiful thing. They print them the same day that you write them so It's great hearing from you. Knowing whats going on is so fun. I love hearing the things going on at home. How the kids are all growing up! That Tanner is WALKING!! Thats sooo exciting! Also that talking to plants science project seems legit! Such a cool idea! and I sure hope Carson breaks that spitting habit too! I have had my fair share of being spit on by that little boy!
Portuguese is coming. Slowly but surely. Right now it is still a huge test of faith to know that if I put in the work the lord will make it so I can say what I need to in order to help the people in Portugal! No word on my visa. I sent off my passport when I first got here. So hopefully I get some update on that soon. It should be next week, the end of next week that I will get travel plans and stuff! Which just blows my mind!
Derek Toone's parents just got called a mission presidents! So thats sweet news! I don't know where but still super legit!
I am running out of time. Everyday is very very similar. I go to choir and that is amazing! The director is absolutely amazing! The spirit at the MTC is amazing! It's a lot of hard work, and it a huge test of faith! But there is no doubt that the Lord blesses us missionaries constantly.
I am really loving it here. I am learning and growing so much everyday! I wrote Dustin and Alanna a letter in Portuguese (which was no easy task) so you can ask him how my Portuguese seems. I am sure he knows better than I do.
I love you all soo much, and look forward to getting your letters and Dear elders everyday! 
(don't worry if they are super long and thoughtful, Short and sweet is nice too! )
I pray for you all and miss you so much!
Com Muito Amor, Irma Brooklyn Marie Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment