Thursday, August 8, 2013

2nd transferencia - May 20

FAMILY!
I love you so much it is crazy! I love writting you. Today my companion and Roommates where all planning what they wanted to write in their emails and I was thinkig about how I come to the computer and just type and type and type and I don´t even really know what I say becuase I just go crazy! haha but I hope it makes sence and all is well.
So last week I think I told you about Alita. The lady we met while we got lost by the ocean? Anyways she came to church this week and she is just so amazing! Oh she is amazing. It is super hard not being about to speak to these people that I love so much about anything other than the gospel but it really has been miracle after miracle for me when it comes to the language. I don´t know how but we get through everyday and do the things we need to do. My companion is learning really fast and is doing great but she doesn´t speak portuguese either so I don´t know how it is possible that we can go around and teach people and just walk up to them and do all the things we need to. But we just do it. It is amazing. I NEED to study WAY harder and work WAY harder, and plan WAY more effectively, and sacrifce WAY more, and be WAY less selfish. But somehow I just do it. (that somehow is obviously though Gods hands). If my companion is learning anything it s that miracles are real. Literally everytime I talk to some after I freak out because I have NO IDEA how that just happened. I still can´t speak portuguese I have sooo much to learn but somehow everytime we need to talk so someone it just flows. Who the lord calls he qualifies! It is amazing!
My companion is amazing! She is so determined to do the things we are supossed to. We only have had one lesson since she got here. And we are practicing how to invite someone to be baptized in training and it says to apply it. So in the one lesson we have had she invited her to be baptized! It was insane! The investigator had no idea what she said but I had to explain and she ended up forcing me to invite her to be baptized. Oh she is so good. So eager to learn and so willing to just work work work. I am learning so much from her. She is from Utah, she is 19, and she is the bomb! Her name is Sister Hickey, which the portuguese people say as Icky. Which is super funny. She is working so hard it is just amazing. We realize we need the miracles so we do everything we can to be exactly obedient, and work as hard as we can. And we see miracles. We see miracles everyday.  I just hope I am for her what my trainer was for me. People always talk about how you get those companions you just want to hurt sometimes, either that is just foolishness or so far I have just been sooo blessed. I have had 5 companions already (and 4 others that I have worked with on a regular basis that aren´t officially companions) and I just love them all! Everyone has this burning desire to serve the Lord they are just the most amazing examples to me. Oh I just love this work! It is bem dificil! (super hard) but it is such an amazing thing to see and be a part of.
One thing that has been super hard for me with training is being the one who has to speak on the phonne. When  you are talking on the phone português is all you have. So thats super hard but you just kinda do it and hope that what you understand is what they say. It is for sure an adventure every day. It is cool though because everyday is soo diferent.
Sister Hickey has been such a blessing in that she always points out how beautiful it is here. And it is. Everything is soo beautiful. I can´t even explain it. I can´t wait for you to come get me and I can show you this country! Oh it is just amazing! We got big things to do here! We need pristhood holders so this temple can get built! People travel 5 hours to go to the temple from my area. They save more for a long time just so they can afford the trip. Then as soon as they go they start again. It is just amazing. The actives members are sooooooo amazing! Oh they are just so amazing. Irmão Tino our ward mission leader sacrifices everyrthing he has to help us. He will come out and help us literally all day if we need him. It is just amazing. OH I need to call Daisy. (haha didn´t mean to type that) just typing my thoughts apperently. I really am just rambling now but I love you all with all my heart. I am going to take a minute to write others.
I love you sooo much!
Sister Brooklyn Marie Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment