Thursday, August 8, 2013

Semana 14 - July 8

So Mom sent me a bajillion questions that I have answered. I thought everyone else would like to hear too. If not... I guess don´t read it haha. I will start writting my other email now. but it might be short cause even though the answers are short. Till took a while. haha Love you all.
How is your new area - It is great I am learning a ton. It is sooo different and I miss being right no the ocean but it grows on me everyday. 

 Does it feel strange to be in a new area when that is pretty much the only thing that changed? Kinda yeah.. but it is amazing how big of a change that is. 

 I know your companion is the same but did your district or zone change? I talk about this in my other email

 Is the heat getting worse?  yes. It is absolutly CRAZY!!!!! it was 47 degrees this week.

Do you walk everywhere?  yes

 
Are you tracting? yes. My comp LOVES knocking on doors it is hillarious. She says it´s like a giant surpise everytime. You have no idea who is going to be there!

 Do you stop people on the street? yes

 How is the language coming? I can speak when I need to but I have a really really long way to go. 

  Do you go to a different ward? yes. It is a bigger ward but I have only been once so I don´t know that much. I had to teach gosple doctine and speak in sacrament meeting. 

 I would imagine the answer to that one is yes.

 Have you had much opportunity to go into homes and teach? Not in this area. It is hard! But we try everyday!

   Do you feel like you can carry on a decent conversation with people now? I can get the point across. but it is not always easy. We use the dictionary mid contact probably a little too often.  

 How is your companion doing? she stresses a ton but we are learning a ton together and starting to really get a long a lot better

Do you ever see your previous companions...like from the MTC or your first transfer? Sister Gange is already home in Hawaii. I need to write her. And I haven´t seen Sister Da silva but. Sister Pinto and I still live together. I love her sooo much! We have become really close!
 Are you feeling well?  I am feeling soooo great. I am eating better than I feel like I have in my whole life and I drink like 3 liters of water everyday. (if you don´t you will probablly pass out) I am working out my arms more because I have come to realize this is my weekness. I am down to 173 today. When we started that board thing I was 186.
Are you eating well??  Já (this means already)
Have you received any interesting letters?? Some people from school have written and Jordan. Other than this I only get mail from family. NANA, Gran and Aunty Beryl and Aunty Carolyn have been AMAZING! I I don´t know how to thank them enough. Other than that I don´t really get mail.
 Do you still correspond with Jordan? Yup we write everyweek. And chat on email on p-day
 Any other friends? just kelsie Nagle and Zach Glaus and Kyle Martin
Do you love being in Europe? It is really weird! It is way different. I don´t know how to explain how.
Does it feel very different from home? Já
How are the bathrooms? they are fine. I am becoming a HUGE fan of the bidé (i don´t what they are called in english. but that little washing thing beside the toliet. I give myself pedicures in them almost every night. It is hard to take care of your feet. I love that little thing though. It is seriously like the most genious thing ever. I will have one in my house. haha
Are there nice showers? nope. The shower doesn´t really have a thing to hold it up so we have to turn it on and off to rinse out selves off and such. also our gas ran out so we can only take cold showers. but we fixed the mold so thats good... Cold showers feel amazing though it is soooooo hot!

2nd email:


Well.... I hope that other email was imformative becuase I am feeling pretty out of things to say.... hmm..... we had two baptisms this week.. It was soooooo amazing. I felt like I did nothing to help them it was the easiest baptism ever. They where like begging us to get them baptised. but they where so grateful for all we did for them. It is been absolutly amazing. I have grown sooo much this transfer. I am getting to the point that the language isn´t my biggest flaw and so I can start focusing on other areas I really need to be better. It funny how the once the language isn´t as big of a problem you learn that there are about 7 million other areas to improve. but we are work hard and we are rewarded. We have a strength of finding novos. last we found 27 and this week 19.. the mission standard is 10... the whole teaching them again though is where it gets tricky. Also keeping up the energy in this heat!!! We have sooooo much to learn but it is amazing how when you put in the work it pays off! I don´t know if I said this but our Zone leaders are the only other people in our district. So the four of us work together a lot. Elder Faias is from portugal and Elder Terry is from Utah. I am learning soooo much from them. It has been amazing to work so closely with the zone leaders. (Elder Terry is our District leader too) They are such amazing examples for us. I am excited to see where this whole mission thing will take me.. becuase I have already grown sooo much!!!
Sorry I don´t have more time!!! I was chatting with Mom...
NANA THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I have gotten all your letters and Packages and I sent thank you cards but maybe they didn´t get there!!! I added an A so hopefully you get this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment