Thursday, August 8, 2013

Loco + Transferred ... kind of - July 22

Okay so I am sending this first so that if you have questions you can respond. I have a problem with my visa and am being sent home for a transfer. To A mission in Canada I don´t know which yet but I will fly home at the end of this transfer and spend a transfer or two in canada and wait for my visa. when I get it I will come back to portugal. I am excited to see how another mission functions. but it was for sure a surprise. 

2nd email:  LOCO

This week has been absolutly crazy! It has been a ton of fun and super hard at the same time. I got kims wedding invitation and looks like you are doing good without the maid of honor I love it! 

So on monday we learned that we are moving houses finally! We are moving in this wednesday and it is going to be crazy! Apperently it is hands down the nicest apartment in the mission though so thats nice. I am sooo excited, 

Then tuesday I went into Lisboa to get my residency. But we learned that the wrong visa was issued by the canadian goverment and I´ll probablly have to go home for a transfer. So that was a shock!!! Also our envistgator Aisha fed us and I felt sooo sick. I am starting to think it is a blessing we don´t get fed by members. haha. but I am grateful for her kindness but boy I can´t eat the food here very easily. 

So we taught this one lesson.... and our investigator who is marked for baptism brought his cousin and she wants to get baptized too... but she doesn´t believe any of it. just wants to get baptized for no reason. I don´t get it.. it is for sure not a normal situation. Their whole family wants to get baptized and we keep telling them they have to hold off to have a testimony to some degree. You can´t get baptized if you don´t believe in God. Just doesn´t make sense. 

This week we had a zone conference too. It was amazing! Or zone leaders and amazing and I learned a ton! I just have to learn how to apply it in english now! haha It will be a hard adjustment I think but it will be good.  But We talked about the Book of Mormon. I remember before I left I gave a talk on the role of the Book of Mormon in missionary work. Boy how I had no idea How key it really was. It is ensane how important the Book of Mormon is in this work!! 

Another Hillarious moment this week\horrifying. We taught these three men. And one was completely drunk. We had a member without and it completely freaked her out. He started yelling at us about crazy deep false doctrine, and then he started like taking his shirt off. Of course we all Were freaking out and everyone was looking to me to know what to do. becuase ana is a recent convert and I am training sister hickey. But he was just showing us a wound from when he was shot in Angola one time. It was just intence. but it ended up being a really cool experience becuase once we left Ana was freaking out and I think he testimony was a little shaken... but she turned to lord and was strenghtened because of it. and now she is so excited to get out there and help us even more becuase of that extra strength she has now.  Hope this story isn´t too much! don´t freak out haha We are smart and safe and protected by the Lord! And we have a million rules that we follow to help us be safe. It was cool though. 

I also reached my 5 months in the mission this week! Nuts eh?

Last but not least today sister Beard and Sister Pinto had an emergency transfer to another area because of sister Pintos allergies. But it was a bit of a shock. It was kinda nuts. we found out during studies and they are already gone. so It is just sister Hickey and I now. I am sad they are gone but once again. Heavenly Father is over all. I am sure they are needed there. It has been a crazy week though! but I have grown a lot. I feel a lot stronger and more confident in my testimony. God is literally there everytime I have a doubt or a moment of weakness he always lifts me up. I see miracles everyday. I feel like I am a walking miracle. I SPEAK PORTUGEUSE! haha 

Anyways I still need to write some people and don´t have a ton of time. but I love you all soooo much!!!! 

Sister Brooklyn Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment