Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ola from Portugal - April 22

Okay... so dustin asked for a regular day. so
We wake up and 7 ( which is way nice) and then I normally do sit ups and jump rope for half an hour... then I eat a bowl of special K (but not really special k just kind of) with some yogurt drink as milk cause the milk is gross.
Then I shower and get ready as fast as possible and start studies at 8:30. Studies are AMAZING I love my study time. I learn so much every day and feel my testimony strenghtened. Then off we go for a couple hours teaching or street contacted or doing what ever we can to help people become closer to Christ. Then we go home have lunch for an hour then study the language for an hour. Then off we go teaching and working hard walking on uneven roads and gaining killer calve muscles. Then we get back to our apt at 9:30 plan for half an hour work from the area book/ write in our journals/ and get ready for bed. Lights out at 11 and it all starts again :) Every day is way different through. Today we went to Cristo Rei, it is really cool, but the veiw was amazing!!!! Look it up! Also you could google map my adress and see where I live. It is pretty cool. The area. Everything is so old and has so much character.
Yesterday we helped a girl with her english homework it is amazing how homework can help. Being at members homes has become less stressful. I am starting to get the hang of the eating thing. And am learning to ask tons of questions! Well I try to ask questions. It is amazing how humbled I have been. I think about what it would be like if I was speaking english instead all the time. And I think it would be worse because I wouldn´t rely on the spirit as much. I NEED the spirit to do anything here! I feel like I am climbing a wall (cause mountains just aren´t steep enough) and there is no end in sight. Yet I am determined to keep going up which is what matters. As I go day by day and take things one step at a time, It is amazing to see my growth! I mean I by no means speak portuguese but I can always say enough to get out what I want to say when I just open my mouth. (which is no easy task). I have never felt so close to God. Everything just makes sense. The gospel, our purpose here, everything is so clear and just makes sense. It is hard to see people who have hard lives not be able to see how much the gospel could bless them. Yet you just have to work hard and do your best. I hit two months this week! How crazy is that? I have so much to learn and I mean I am still just a fresh in the mission missionary, but I feel like it is going so fast! A year and a half feels like it is going to be nothing. I just have to make it through each day and all will be well.
Something else I have really come to see this week is how amazing our family is. I see people in different situations of life everyday. In and out the church. The family is so important, and such a blessing. No matter how many things loose meaning in this world people seem to really understand that family is everything. Families, although they have problems, are worth working for. When I see people and their families and the things they deal with I can´t help but be so grateful for everything that we have. For the support I have from you. I feel your prayers. I know that you love me and I love you all soooo much! I think about you everyday. Not in a longing for home kinda way, beucase I am focused and need to be thinking about the people here, but everyday I work harder, or be kinder, or clean more effectively, or cook better, because of the things that you have all taught me. I know that I wouldn´t be the missionary I am, with out the constant words of my loving family that are in my mind pushing me to work harder.
I love you so much,
Sorry if this is kind of short. For some reason computer time seems to be getting shorter every week.
ps. As my portuguese increases my spelling gets worse so thats not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment