Thursday, August 8, 2013

This week - July 1

FAMILIIA!!! EU AMO-VOS!
Então Portugal é ben HOT! I have a long way to go with my ability to spell in portuguese. And speak. this week has been soooo good! I don´t know why we deserve it but we have been doing soooo well this week. We work hard but we could probably work harder and we got an insanly high numbers this week. And the Zone leaders are telling the world! That we are the example for the zone! It has been a weird experience for me. Whitewashing has been hard and I miss my old area. 
One HUGE blessing this week was we got to go to the baptism of the little boy we taught last transfer. We taught Velhenna´s son but he didn´t get baptised untill this week. It has been a challenge to live outside of our area... working out timing and the metro and things like that. but It has been awesome! I am learning so much and Loving it!!! Still loosing weight...
I saw the pictures that Alanna Just sent of the Flood in Calgary! That is CRAZY! I hope everything is okay!! If anyone I know is struggling give them my love. TANNER IS HUGE!!!! Oh my word!!! I can´t begin to emagine what those kids will look like When I get back. 
okay so what Else! I tried to take notes this week on what I can write becuase I always forget by the end of the week.
I wrote.. first "Dryer man" This week we saw a man that was carrying a carrying a dryer on his back... no help no nothing just walking around with a dryer on his back... yikes.
Second "monkey Noises" I don´t know who knows this about me but I can make some really good monkey noises. This week we had a goal to have more fun. We are both sooo into this being the perfect missionary thing that we where getting kinda not enjoying it like we could soo.. I started talking about really random things. like this fact. So Of course I demonstrated! and a MONKEY RESPONDED! I promise it happened. I am not sure it was a human chilling in a tree that also has a very good ability to make monkey noises or a real monkey.. either way.. It was hillarious.
Third "passengeiro" We had a challenge to use this word during the day to a investigator in the lesson or a contact. and I compared commandments to how passengers on an airplane are protected by the rules. It was genious! Also really hard not to laugh. So we stopped with that game. But it really helped us be closer and have more fun together. Because things where getting tense.
Out district is just us and the zone leaders.. So thats not intimidating at all.... but at the same time it really is. They are amazing. Elder Terry is a Zone leader and District leader. How amazing is that? and They do sooo well with the work too. They are such amazing examples for us. 
We hopefully will have two baptisms next week. Yolanda and Jessica. If we can get there enough to teach them. We have to walk about an hour to get to their house, from where we normally work. So it is no easy task to get out there. It is a lot of walking. 
I don´t really know what else to say.... I can talk more about the heat... It is litterally insane!!!!! I want to pass out all the time i drink at least 2 liters of water everyday, and you should see my tan lines! I am sooo glad I am not further south! Apperently missionaries that don´t drink enough water end up in the hospital after one day without fail. It is almost 40 everyday. And we don´t have air conditioning. it is nuts!!!
I see mom has about 600 questions i will answer next time cause I don´t have time! Sorry. 

LOVE YOU ALL!!!! 

Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment