Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sobre un samana en de MTC - March 22

 (I think that the title might be really bad grammatically but "about one week left in the MTC!!!")
EU ESTA ANIMADA!!!!

Ola Familia! How is everyone?! I love getting all your letters and hearing how everything is going!!! Seems like things have potential to be pretty different when I get back! Keep writing even the smallest things are sooo fun to hear! Thank you so much for you love and support.

Okay so hopefully I get my travel plans today! I'll know for sure after lunch. Well after the Distcrict leader Elder Galland gets the mail! I will know when I am going where I am going (for sure) If I got my visa and all those wonderful questions! Also If Something doesn't go according to plan I will be able to call home. So as much as I want everything to go according to plan.... It would be really fun to call home! Don't count on that though! Because well I don't really want to be reassigned or be sticking around the MTC for an Extra 6 weeks!
Dustin! I couldn't make sense of your P.S in your letter so I had to ask my teacher. Well he had a good chuckle telling me my brother is smarter than me. If only he understood. (our relationship that is not that you really are that much smarter than me.)
So this may not seem like a big deal but on saturday during gym time I had a full fledged conversation with this girl in Portuguese for like 45 minutes! NO ENGLISH AT ALL! It was crazy! and hopefully not a one time thing. I can tell I am getting better yet I will not be leaving the MTC with this giant vocab thats for sure.
I am so excited! I leave so soon! Also Elder Harris just came and said that we have our travel plans! They are here so hopefully they are brought to me before I am done with this email.
Kris stopped by my classroom! It was actually really nice of him. He is SOOO good at Portuguese I mean our teachers are really good! but I felt like he was like a native guest speaker! It was wonderful!
 I GOT THEM I GOT THEM I GOT THEM!!!!
okay soo I'll type as I figure this out..... I leave.... at 2:25 on Tuesday! I have a lay over in Dallas, then again in England, and the I will arrive in Portugal at 5:40... Oh times changes! so I can call at both lay overs! I mean if you want me too ;)
OH WOW! Okay every day this going to teach people in a different country that way far away and everyone speaks a different language thing get more and more real! It is absolutely insane! It will just hit me at random times!!!
OH OH OH I am going to be on TV singing in the MTC choir between General conferences! so 1 look for me but second can you record it? I won't be able to see it most likely! Which is super sad but there is some special on the MTC and I will be in it! and It will be sweet hopefully! Everyday is going faster and faster! And even though it can be a very intense emotional roller coaster i always feel great! I feel happy and know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do because I have yet to not feel the spirit with me as I have been here! It has been so amazing! \
the Devotionals are soo amazing! I can't even imagine how it is going to be not having those amazing pick me up talks like every other day! It is going to be so different in Portugal! Yet I am sooo excited to get out there and actually bring people closer to Christ.
We taught a legit golden investigator (still our teachers) the other day. We just talked about the importance of baptism first lesson, and then he was like yeah I read the book of mormon, I have been to church and I just want to get baptised. Oh and I heard you do baptisms for the dead. How does that work. I want to be with my wife forever sooo.... It was pretty sweet. Wouldn't that be a dream? Hopefully that will happen sometimes.
that is why the work of the members is so important! We have the best news in the world!! We3 should be sharing it with everyone! As Sister Brooks says "God is good! Shout it from the rooftops!!!"
AHHH I am sooo excited! I don't mean to be yelling at you via email! but I just got my travel plans so... I am.
I love you all soooo much! Soooo much! You guys help me everyday push through the hard things and just be so grateful for the amazing opportunity I have to be here!!!
Missions are soooooo amazing! Everyone should do it! haha and I haven't even left the MTC!!!
Miss you all so much! I love you!!!
Sister Brooklyn Marie Mullen


No comments:

Post a Comment