Thursday, August 8, 2013

Week...losing count...I have no - July 29

Well this week has been interesting! Tuesday I was in benfica getting my visa extended so I could finish up the transfer before I head back to Canada. It was actually a ton of fun. We got nothing done in the way of the work though. So that was frustrating. Elder Brady the financial secretary that helped us was there for the whole day with us and then the next day we moved houses. I was thinking... How do the office Elders EVER do anything in regards to the normal work and stuff. It is just amazing. I have a new found respect for the leaders in the church and their sacrfices because of The Office Elders here. It is just amazing what they do for us. 

Our new house has been amazing. Everyone says that it is the best apartment in the mission. the only problem is we don´t have a fridge or freezer. so we can´t really eat anything except rice... and canned corn... but we will get a fridge today or tomorrow I hope. Thats what they said. Then Everything will be great! It is such a nice apartment though! 

other exciting things that happened this week...our investigator Nelson took my shoes got taken off my feet during a lesson and started ripping them apart. Then he gave them back with a leather covering on them... I´ll attach a picture. I´m not sure how to explain... anyways it was weird. but I am glad. they are more comfortable now. 

We had 4 investigators in church this week and it was super exciting. One Castro thought that there where only young people in the church. So when he came and saw that there are people above the age of 20 he was shocked! He LOVED IT! it came late because he had to pick out his outfit (he is a 60 year old man) but he made it and absolutly loved it! it is moments like that that make the work worth it. I think he will take us a lot more seriously now. 

It is weird to think that people actually listen to us. We are two 19 and 21 year old girls who can´t even kind of speak this language. who go around telling people to repent. It´s nuts! That´s why we need the spirit. If we tried to do anything without faith and the spirit this whole mission thing would be a complete waste of time. 

We have been eating a lot more this last couple weeks. Our investigator Aisha LOVES COOKING. It becoming a problem. She would feed us everyday if she could and it is soooo much food! haha She is so amazing but I jut litterally want to explode everytime we leave. People get super sad if we don´t eat a ton. 

I wan´t sister hickey to send you guys her emails because she has this weird ability to just write for hours and hours. I don´t know what she says but I am sure it is about what we do all week. It would be sweet if I could have that same ability. but I am what you got! haha 

Well.... I have been chatting with Dustin in Portuguese so maybe he will translate for you. but I don´t have to much more to say right now. Except I love you all sooooooo much! 

Sister Brooklyn Marie Mullen


No comments:

Post a Comment